Friday, November 13, 2009

Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps

For those of you who are like me and despise mayonnaise, allow me to recommend my delicious curry chicken salad as a healthier and more delectable alternative. I stumbled upon this recipe for two reasons. One, I became bored with my regular diet lettuce wraps and couldn’t figure out what to do with my left over chicken. Two, mayo has no business being in any real salad. All in all, it’s a great way to conquer leftovers in easy yummie way.
Ingredients:
1 chicken breast that’s been precooked shredded.
1 tbs of Dijon mustard
1 tsp curry powder (I use the spicy kind)
½ red apple diced into small cubes.
½ red onion finely diced
2 tbs of fat free cheese (feta or cottage cheese are best)

Optional Extras:
You can also add a tsp of ginger, cumin, garlic, and salt if you have it on hand.
*I added leftover chole from my dinner. If you don’t want to make chole just add chickpeas for extra protein and fiber.

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Spoon onto iceberg lettuce. Bon appetite.

For Chole: Heat a tsp of vegetable oil in a pot. Add 1 small diced onion, a tsp of ginger, and if you like heat, add some small diced green chilis. After two minutes add 2 tsps of garam masala. Add chickpeas. Add a can of plain diced tomatoes. Cook until chickpeas are firm but soft and not mushy. Add salt and eat. (This can also be turned into a great salsa).

No comments:

Post a Comment