Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Tapa'ing they will go

Contest for Best Tapa in Town has commenced-
Like many of my culinary adventures here in Spain, this happened out of sheer luck.
I went to a local cafe to do some work when I saw a sign for Galician Cheesecake. Immediately, my eyes widened. Cheesecake! Here in Spain, graham crackers are hard to find and thus, cheesecake with its delectable graham cracker crust is something I've been coveting. Upon ordering it I was handed a ballot. Apparently, there is a contest going on for the best tapa. Every restaurant has fashioned its best tapa, while I have only tried a few, those I have tried have been quite spectacular.

Fish/cheese/toast (Lizarrán)

(Lizarrán) This was by far, the best. Meat-Mushroom-Pineapple, need I say more?




(Obradoiro)
Left: salmon roll or as I like to call it, a Galician bagel and lox
Right:Toast with Provalone









(Porta Faxeira)
Razor stuffed clam deliciousness?




A ball stuffed with what? I'm not sure but I can say it was pure goodness. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment