Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fun Find of the Day- Tit Cheese

Santiago is ripe with tons of fresh food just waiting to be consumed. As I walk through the market, I can hardly control my excitement and curiosity of all the new foods I’m seeing. In an attempt to familiarize myself with the culture and explore the culinary terrain I’ve made it a point to buy something new everyday and try it.


Today’s find-
Tetilla Queso or as I call it- Tit Cheese



Shaped like a woman’s breast its no secret where the name comes from.
What is amusing, is that this very sexual cheese is found in almost every window in Santiago, a holy city where people pilgrim. Nothing makes my day like seeing an old pilgrim sit down to eat a cheese tit with a slice of Galician bread. I can’t blame them though, for this soft cow’s milk cheese is delicious and reasonably priced around €5 for a huge chunk of cheese.

If you ever find yourself in Santiago, get yourself a tit.
Buen provecho.

Tomorrow’s find TBD

1 comment: