Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Magic Chicken Soup-Arroz Caldo

Being biracial, I hardly ever get sick, however, on the rare occasion that I do come down with something, I use this: my magic chicken soup. I shit you not, it helped cure me when I caught a case of SARS :)

Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 40

Magic Chicken Soup
Two chicken thighs, bone in skin on
1/2 cup rice
1.5 inches of ginger diced
1 onion finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
3 peppercorns
1 bay leaf


Directions:
Saute the onions, garlic and ginger in a tsp of oil.
Add the chicken. Sear the skin.
Add water, bay leaf and peppercorns.
After 20 minutes, add the rice and cook until the chicken is falling off the bone.
Before serving you can remove the bones and skin.
It may not be the prettiest dish at the ball, but it's effective, easy, and delicious. Thank me later.

*Again, since this is a Filipino recipe, the measurements don't really matter. You can add less chicken, more chicken, less rice more rice. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS YOU LOAD IT UP WITH FRESH GINGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment