Sunday, October 9, 2011

Delicious Bull's Tail-A Good Reason To ALWAYS Try Something New

Despite having lived here in Spain for over a year, I'm still finding new words I don't understand everyday. For example, yesterday, I learned the word for tail, bull's tail to be exact. The word was Rabo, which my boyfriend tried to pantomime to me unsuccessfully before giving up and saying, it's delicious just try it. I did, and it was-absolutely delicious. The meat was slowly braised in it's own juices which form this type of marrow-y gravy. Although the cut doesn't offer up the most generous amount of meat, it was still worth it, to gnaw at the bone and slurp in public, if only to get one last morsel.
(This pic is actually skinned rabbit, lean and delicious- tastes like chicken)

Anyhow, had I gone with a safe dish, that I knew well and love, I would have never discovered this new favorite. And so I say this, try something new when the opportunity presents itself. Sound's simple and obvious because it is, and yet we all forget to take these little risks or adventures at times.
(Believe me, I'm the biggest hypocrite there is, I order mint chocolate chip ice cream EVERY TIME, and it never fails me. Though truth be told, Ben and Jerry's just came out with a new flavor that i'm dying to try-schweddy balls.)

Here's my list, of things I have yet to eat:
Frog's legs
Crocodile
Insects
Tongue
Bull's Tail
rabbit
Octopus
Tripe




So, what's on your list?
I bet xantham gum isn't on it! Check your food ingredient labels!

No comments:

Post a Comment