Friday, November 18, 2011

Grilled Cheese Revisited-Mediterranean Style

There are two things I crave at 2am and drunk from a night out, those being fried eggs and toast, OR grilled cheese. As much as I love grilled cheese, it can get a little monotonous. Luckily, the name of the dish lends itself for a wide array of interpretations as grilled cheese can pretty involve anything so much as it has melted cheese on bread. Am I right?

Using my left overs from last night's meal, I made this....
Goat Cheese, Sage, and Red Pepper Grilled Cheese, with a drizzle of honey!
I call it my Mediterranean Grilled Cheese

Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
5-6 thinly sliced slivers of roasted red peppers (I roast mine but bought are fine)
3 tbs goat cheese (creamy)
4 pieces of sage
tsp honey
1 tb olive oil (butter is fine, but olive oil is "healthier")


Directions....figure it out.

Try my Italian Grilled Cheese as well: buffalo mozzarella, tomato, and pesto.

Anyhow, this is just an idea, but feel free to get creative and give this American treat a non-reality show makeover!

Warning: Do not attempt this while drunk :-)
(Last time I tried to cook drunk I tried to make fried eggs. Got the cracking down, the landing however, not so much. Each egg ended up on the floor. Mind you, I repeated this 6 times. :-/)

No comments:

Post a Comment